Black Mesa: Source

Fragen und Themen zum PC u.ä. - immer hier herein damit
msv
Black Mesa: Source

Beitrag von msv »

Black Mesa: Source ist ein Half-Life²-Mod, der den ersten Teil komplett mit den Möglichkeiten der Source-Engine nachbaut ... und die Screens sehn fantastisch aus, darauf freusch mich schon richtig ... Teil 1 war Setting- & Story-mäßig nämlich der absolute Oberhammer (bis auf die letzten Jump'n'Run-Level in der Alien-Welt, die suXxen derbe) ;)
Black Mesa (formerly Black Mesa: Source) is a Half-Life 2 total conversion remaking VALVe Software's award-winning PC game, Half-Life. Utilizing the Source engine, Black Mesa will reintroduce the player as Doctor Gordon Freeman, along with the original cast of memorable characters and environments seen in Half-Life. Black Mesa was built and founded on the basis that Half-Life: Source was inadequate as the Source engine port of Half-Life, regardless of the intentions of VALVe Software. As such, Black Mesa was founded to fully reconstruct the Half-Life universe utilizing Source to its fullest potential in terms of art detail, level sizes and code features. This total conversion will not require Half-Life: Source to play - only legitimate copies of Half-Life 2 and Counter-Strike: Source on Steam.
» http://www.blackmesasource.com/media_levels.html | blackmesasource.com | Teaser (Video)

Bild

Bild
kffd
Beitrag von kffd »

korrekt! ;)
[i]Raoul Duke[/i]
[quote][size=67]"Wait! We can't stop here. This is bat country."
[/size][/quote]
FreeDee
Beitrag von FreeDee »

Woah fett!! :)
msv
Beitrag von msv »

bei yougamers.com gibts ein neues Interview mit einem Entwickler des Black Mesa-Mods ... und auf der BM-Webseite gibts auch n1 neue Screnies :D
Black Mesa Interview

In 1998, one of the finest games ever to grace the PC, made its debut. Created by a newly formed development house called Valve, Half-Life set so many standards for others to follow that the creators themselves took six years to create the sequel. Sporting a brand new engine, known as Source, Half-Life 2 also provided fans with the tools and features necessary to create a whole range of modifications for the game. Perhaps one of the most exciting aspects of the release was Half-Life: Source, a port of Valve's first effort to take advantage of the capabilities of Source and the subsequent improvements in hardware.

However, fans expecting a complete overhaul were disappointed. HL: Source was given new water and skybox effects, along with updated physics and AI, but nothing else was really changed; the same models and textures from '98 game were used, making the scant modern effects look out of place in comparison. So it came as no surprise when talk began of using the Source SDK and other tools to completely recreate the first Half-Life, but this time with high resolution textures and models and modern rendering techniques to bring the game back to life.

Talk turned to action, offers converted to actual work and the Black Mesa (née Black Mesa Source) project was conceived. Two and a half years later and the work still continues, but it has been a very rocky road since November 2004 - site and forums hacked, source files leaked - the kind of trouble that only professional developers should normally face; fortunately all is now well and the team has gone from strength to strength. Claudio Todeschini fired some questions to Spencer "RabidMonkey" Rose about their work, progress and possible future!

YouGamers: First of all, thanks for taking the time to answer to our questions! I'll start directly with the first (and foregone) one: why did you decide to develop Black Mesa?
Rose: I was not present for the founding of the modification, so I can't say anything with regards to the original idea and concept; but I myself joined as a level designer eager to recreate some of my favorite Half Life environments with the backing power of the Source engine. This seemed like a good opportunity and outlet to practice that, as opposed to doing it completely by myself. weiter bei yougamers.com
Bild
msv
Uplink: Source

Beitrag von msv »

so wies aussieht, wird übrigens auch eine Source-Version der damaligen Half-Life: Uplink-Demo gebastelt ... einmal von diesem Team - http://www.uplinksource.com ... und die "Black Mesa"-Leutz basteln die Demo wohl auch nach ... dann schaun wir mal :D
Bild
msv
Beitrag von msv »

eine ganze Menge neue Screenies gibts auf
http://www.blackmesasource.com/media_levels.php

und ein DevBlog gibts nu auch
http://www.blackmesasource.com/devblog.php

endlich ma wieder ein Lebenszeichen ... :D
Bild
msv
Beitrag von msv »

NEUIGKEITEN! :)
Black Mesa - Mod Update
halflife2.net (21.11.2008)

The Black Mesa team have recently released an update on their progress along with a bevy of new media shots emerging.

Most critically the team have revealed that they have adopted the Orange Box box build of the Source engine and announced that when released the mod will only require one Source based game to be installed to run the mod.

The team also expect a new video to emerge sooner rather than later. So why not check out the latest info on the mod .
Bild
msv
Beitrag von msv »

Black Mesa: Trailer
Der Trailer is dahaaaa ! :)
link1 - youtube hq (is im fullscreen-modus glaub auch 720p) | link2 - 720p wmv download

Jammyjammy sag ich da nur ... dann fang ich mit dem HL-Source-Zoggn jetzt glaub erst garnimmer an, den 172. Half-Life-Playthrough gibts dann erst mit BMS :D
Bild
msv
Beitrag von msv »

Mit einem 2009-Release wirds leider nix mehr ... hoffentlich kommts überhaupt noch! ;)

[quote='blackmesasource.com',http://forums.blackmesasource.com/showthread.php?t=2416]Hello Black Mesa fans!

We come to you once again with an update. It's now the end of 2009, and we know many of you have literally counted the days down until this fateful month. We are floored by the level of support you have given us and are very excited we're so close to reaching our goal.

Unfortunately, to our great disappointment, Black Mesa will not make a 2009 release.

Cynics may now rejoice, bets may be collected, and I think a mod team member has to eat his shoe, but we hope our loyal fans will forgive us and realize that the delay will translate into a better final product that's (hopefully) more easily available to everyone.

Once again we apologize for what has to be very disappointing news. We placed a 2009 deadline on ourselves to motivate us and bring this 6 year project to a close. And while we didn't quite make it, we have come very close, and you can expect a complete, polished game to hit your hard drives in the near future. We'll be sure and update if anything changes. Until then, hang tight, it's coming![/quote]
Bild
FreeDee
Beitrag von FreeDee »

Immerhin mal wieder ein Lebenszeichen... ;)
msv
Beitrag von msv »

Jo so n Jahr nach dem Trailer ... :D
Bild
Antworten